Relationship Skills for Couples Coaching Package
The skill oriented, positive alternative to marriage counseling
You will learn to:
- Emotional connection skills
- Dating skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attraction skills
- Empathy skills
- Agreement skills
- Boundary skills
Focus on skills, not problems
If you go to marriage counseling, you will spend most of the session talking about your problems and your differences. It is, the best venue for getting your spouse to clearly hear what you have to say. It allows you to express your thoughts and feelings in a safe environment. If your spouse does not desire the same outcome as you, however, it can make your relationship worse.
If you and your spouse BOTH want to improve your relationship and learn to make your relationship good for each other, then marriage coaching is your best choice. You will both learn how to build and maintain your marriage. You will learn the things that you wish you had learned years ago.
If your spouse is not interested in making your relationship better, then do not choose either marriage counseling or marriage coaching. They will both be met with resistance and create distance. Instead, get individual coaching so you can learn how to motivate your spouse to desire you more and love you again.
Emotional distance can creep up on us. It usually happens for two reasons
The demands of life. Especially money and family. Money and family are important. But, we can get so wrapped up in earning money and taking care of family that we stop taking care of our marriage. Our time together becomes shorter and more focused on the business of living. Romance is something that we see in a movie. We can get to the point where we feel better being alone than we do being with our spouse.
Our beliefs about marriage. Before we got married, connection came naturally. We wanted to be together and love each other. It wasn’t something that we needed to work at. We didn’t know that unless we made it a point to continue to prioritize our relationship, that it would slip away. We thought that focusing on the demands of life was what we were supposed to do. Until, one day, we realized that we had lost something very important. We had lost our connection to each other.
Are you and your spouse ready to restore the fun and loving relationship that you once had?
All packages include one-on-one sessions with Coach Jack by phone, Skype, or Zoom
Here is what you will get with this one month, all-inclusive Fresh Start Marriage Coaching for Couples package:
1. You and your spouse receive four coaching for couples sessions with me, Coach Jack, by telephone, Skype, or Zoom. I guarantee that every time we talk together, you will walk away knowing what to do next. Real coaching is not talk therapy. It is learning to apply a specific set of skills to reach the goals you want to reach. This package will help you to productively work on skills that will help you and your spouse to have a closer relationship.
2. A relationship assessment. This will help you understand the areas that need the most work to create a closer, loving relationship. While it is easy to identify distance in our relationships, it is not so easy to identify what needs to be done to close the relationship gap. Each of you will identify what you need to work on to make your partner more attracted to you.
3. A life assessment. You and your husband or wife will use this to start making yourselves into secure, happy, and successful people. It is not the job of your spouse to do that for you. The more you can create a fulfilling life for yourself, the more joy you will bring into your relationship. The best marriages are not ones where we make our spouses responsible for our happiness. The best marriages are between two fulfilled people sharing their happiness together.
4. Coaching summaries or mp3 recordings of your sessions. You don’t need to hurriedly try to take notes and talk at the same time. After every session, you will receive a summary of the main points and action steps from that session. Optionally, you can receive an audio recording of your session. Referring to your coaching summary or recording between sessions will help to keep you on track and confident that you know what to do.
Hi Bill and Lisa,
In today’s coaching for couple’s session we practiced turning potential conflicts into opportunities for emotional connection. Here are some reminders:
- Whenever you hear your spouse say something that you don’t like …
- Be sure when you agree, you don’t say things like…
- Create an action plan to create positive change…
- Make a backup plan to increase motivation by …
- (several more recommendations)
5. Extra, personalized email help as you need it. You and your spouse are able to get a personal response to email questions on business days. This is NOT pre-written, generic email that you will get from most coaching services. This is real, personal, individual email contact between you and me. Enjoy the security of getting a same day answer to what’s troubling you without needing to wait until your next session. This can save you many sleepless nights, and help to ensure that you and your spouse are doing the right things throughout the week.
Client email: We are planning to go out tomorrow, but my wife is becoming anxious about it. I’m not sure what to do.
Coach Jack’s email response: Hi Joseph. Anxiety is caused by expectations of problems. Be sure to clarify expectations of what you will be doing before, during, and after the outing as we practiced in your session.
Not sure if this is the package you need?